St. Michael – St. Patrick Faith Formation Program
PK-GRADE 11 RELIGIOUS EDUCATION PROGRAM EXPECTATIONS
The partnership between parish and home
To ensure an effective and meaningful faith formation effort there needs to be a spirit of cooperation and collaboration in our partnership between parish and home.
This cooperation is evidenced by the parish which:
· provides well-planned and executed programs faithful to the teachings of the Church and in accord with diocesan standards, policies and procedures.
· communicates program information effectively and timely to all registered families.
This cooperation is evidenced by parents who:
· Model a vibrant faith through weekly Mass attendance, reception of the sacraments according to church precepts, personal and family prayer, scripture reading and reflection, and involvement in the community life and financial support of the parish.
· Support the catechetical mission of the parish. Please complete and return the enclosed parish catechetical commitment form in a timely fashion (registration deadline is August 15, 2011).
· Communicate to program coordinators special needs or concerns of a child (physical, developmental or learning disabilities, behavioral issues, health or medical conditions, etc).
· Ensure regular attendance at R.E. classes; timely communication of any absence.
· Actively participate in the catechetical process by reviewing and discussing lesson content, and attending special catechetical programs in the parish.
The evangelical and catechetical effort of the church IS a fundamental mission of disciples of Christ.
Our parish catechetical effort is dependent upon the generous and self-sacrificing sharing of our prayer, care and service as we strive together as priest, pastoral staff and parishioners to live out our baptismal call as followers of Jesus Christ.
Please consider carefully and prayerfully ----
how you can serve the evangelical and catechetical mission of the church to form hearts and minds for Christ,
contributing in a positive manner to the vitality of our St. Michael-St. Patrick faith community.